Today I am speaking to Nick Demos about what does following your inner guidance looks like.
Nick Demos is a Tony and Olivier Award-winning producer (MEMPHIS, COME FROM AWAY), award-winning filmmaker (POLICY OF TRUTH) and writer.
His current projects include documentaries on body image in the LGBTQ community (THE BODY ELECTRIC) and the chronic pain syndrome, Fibromyalgia (INVISIBLE); and a book about living in a creative flow.
Nick has been teaching yoga, pranayama (breathwork), meditation and creativity for over a decade and he helps soul-centered entrepreneurs authentically utilize stories to ascend their personal brands.
In this episode, you will discover how Nick has been able to live the life of his dreams by tapping into his creativity and intuition and learning to listen to his inner self.
This is the perfect episode for you if you have ever wondered what does following your inner guidance looks like.
Highlights you won’t want to miss:
- How Nick got started as a professional back dancer for Aretha Franklin when he was 16.
- How Nick ended up running a multimillion-dollar company when he was 28.
- How after 8 years Nick decided he needed to quit his job.
- How sometimes you outgrow the container that you built around you and why it’s important to step out.
- Why, when you are looking for things outside of yourself, it’s important to look inside too.
- How Nick left a stable job to start a new production company.
- The challenges Nick faced trying to survive as a freelance artist wanting to produce a show on Broadway during the time of the crash in 2008.
- How to persevere and find your driving force when fears come up.
- Why Nick was not happy when he won the Tony for Best Musical.
- Why Nick continued to search within and why he needed to remind himself of how he got started.
- Why Nick decided to stretch himself as an artist.
- How Nick decided he wanted to bridge his worlds together, the theater world and the creativity retreats and classes.
- How having an online business can open up an entire world of possibilities.
- Why there is a story component to your personal brand.
- Why personal brands often make the mistake to make themselves the hero.
- Why the best way to get into alignment is to go back to what you loved as a kid.
- Why it’s important to catch the moment when you are feeling sorry for yourself so you can switch your attention to something else.
- “I wanted to expand my artist. I wanted to expand my beingness. And I knew that the container that I had built, I had outgrown. I helped build this container, but I needed to step out of it.” – Nick Demos
- “I don’t know if the online space found me or I found the online space.” – Nick Demos
- “For the vast majority of us, we are not in alignment because we’re in drama. We’re in pain. We’re in anxiety. We’re in a depression. We need to go within, we need to go back to that love that you had as a kid. That’s the secret missing ingredient; we need to go back to where that love originated. That love is our bliss, that is our alignment. That is our sole purpose, that’s our truth.” – Emily Aarons
- “I started my online business three years ago, which is nothing, but in the online world, I’ve been through a shit ton.” – Emily Aarons
Resources to Take You Deeper:
> > THANKS FOR LISTENING! GET MY FREE ABUNDANCE MEDITATION HERE!
Ready to dive deeper? Join the Mastery & Ascension membership to learn the spiritual tools to break through your blocks, align with your highest self, and gain clarity to become FULLY Aligned & Unstoppable! Simply CLICK HERE to join!