How Horses Heal Humans (a story of love and wisdom)
Today I am speaking to Sara Willerson and we have an amazing conversation about how horses heal humans.
Sara B. Willerson, LCSW is a private practice therapist and life coach in North Texas. Horses have always been part of her life. After completing a Masters in Social Work from Smith College School for Social Work she was given a book by her father, The Tao of Equus, by Linda Kohanov. Upon reading this book, Sara knew that her passion and purpose had finally joined up!
After completing an Equine Experiential Learning apprenticeship program with Eponaquest in 2003, she created Horses, Heart & Soul®, an Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy and Life Coaching practice for teens and adults located at WolfTree Ranch in Pilot Point, TX.
Sara’s professional experience has focused on working with clients who have experienced trauma, grief and loss, and life transitions. Her program offers individual, family, couples, group, and workshop sessions for adolescents and adults.
We talked about how Sara sees horses as natural healers who help us reconnect to our entire being – spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically.
And how horses remind us there is more to us that what we present to the outside world. Their unconditional awareness and acceptance of our experience is felt from the moment we step into the pasture with them.
Horses are natural geniuses when it comes to identifying and sharing those pieces we keep to ourselves. Through this awareness, they help us reconnect with our heart and soul. I invite you to listen in so you can discover how horses heal humans, a magical story of love and wisdom.
Highlights you won’t want to miss:
- Why Sara made the decision to spread the message of the power of horses.
- How Sara discovered her love for horses.
- How at the age of 14, Sara was finally able to have her own horse (Pooh).
- How Sara knew at a very young age that there was something very special in her relationship with her horse and why she kept this to herself.
- How everything shifted for Sara when she was introduced to the work of Linda Kohanov about the benefits of partnering with horses in a therapeutic setting.
- Why Sara trusted her new path and how that trust gave her power.
- How Sara made her dream come true when she was able to have her own place to live with her horses and create a healing space for people to come to.
- Sara’s horse shares a message about the role of horse wisdom in healing humans.
- Why the heart and not the mind is what helps you connect with who you really are.
- Why it’s key to embrace your weird because when you don’t it constricts who you really are.
- Sara shares a live meditation inspired by horse wisdom.
- How each horse has their own gift to share with the world.
- The lesson you can learn from horses about letting go by getting out of your head and connecting to your heart.
- Understanding that unconditional love only happens when learn to respect our boundaries as humans.
- The importance of remembering every day to slow down and stay in the present.
- “I think horses all have their own gift that they’re here to share in this world and they’re all very, very unique in terms of the gifts that they are asked to share.” – Sara Willerson
- “My weirdness slash gift is I hear what horses are saying.” – Sara Willerson
- “It can be so hard to slow down when we are sort of brought into this formula of what life is supposed to look like. And we just keep walking that walk and we don’t stop to ask questions or to breathe.”- Emily Aarons
- “In doing healing work, I have zero expectations for what’s going to happen in a session, because of every situation, every session even if it’s the same person 10 times, it’s entirely different based on their energy and what they need at that time.” – Emily Aaron
Resources to Take You Deeper:
- Free Resource: 5-minute “Pasture Meditation Moment” video with the Horses, Heart & Soul® Herd
- Sara’s Website
- Find Sara on Facebook
- Find Sara on Instagram
- Watch Sara’s episode on Youtube
- Sara’s Choices and Recommendations: Horse Movies: Secretariat, Seabiscuit, Black Beauty, and Black Stallion; Book: The Tao of Equus Book by Linda Kohanov
> > THANKS FOR LISTENING! GET MY FREE ABUNDANCE MEDITATION HERE!
Ready to dive deeper? Join the Mastery & Ascension membership to learn the spiritual tools to break through your blocks, align with your highest self, and gain clarity to become FULLY Aligned & Unstoppable! Simply CLICK HERE to join!